IV Sedation Dentistry — Lets You Be As Relaxed As This During Your Visit!
The sedation dentistry treatment recommended to individual patients by Dr. Seidler will be based upon his medical assessment conducted during your dental appointment.
Intravenous sedation is the answer for many patients. Dr. Seidler is trained and licensed IV sedation whereby relaxant drugs are administered intravenously to the patient, using specific protocols. Dr. Seidler monitors the patient’s blood pressure, pulse, oxygen saturation and respiratory rates continuously to ensure that the patient is completely comfortable and reacting normally throughout the procedure.
- Sedation dentistry can benefit a wide range of patients, including people with:
- High dental anxiety and fear
- A severe gag reflex
- Time constraints – those who need to get more dentistry done in fewer visits
- Chronic or acute jaw soreness
- Physical limitations such as back and neck problems
- Difficulty getting numb
- A reluctance to previously complete treatment plans
- Extensive treatment needs
- A desire to have dentistry done comfortably while they are fully relaxed
During IV sedation, you remain conscious, and will also be able to understand and respond to requests from Dr. Seidler. However, you may not remember much about what went on during the treatment because of two factors: firstly, in most people, IV sedation induces a state of deep relaxation and a feeling of not being bothered by what’s going on. Secondly, the drugs used for IV sedation can produce either partial or full memory loss (amnesia) for the period of time when the drug first starts to take affect until it wears off. As a result, time will appear to pass very quickly and you will not recall much, or perhaps even nothing at all, of what happened. Many of our patients have no recall of the procedure.
If you would like to discuss whether IV sedation dentistry is right for you, or to schedule an appointment, please call our office at 1-407-268-6414 , or contact us via email.