Infection Control Procedures
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection Control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and team members safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and team members.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening COVID-19 questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you arrive to the office.
- Upon arrival, please remain in your vehicle, and call the office number (407)320-1700. One of our team members will inform you when it is appropriate to enter.
- When you enter the office, your temperature will be taken and we will provide you with hand sanitizer and a face mask.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines and so forth since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. Our waiting room will also have limited seating allowing for 6 feet separation.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time. This will also allow for proper disinfection protocols between patients.
- To protect our team members and our patients we are equipped with the proper Personal Protective Equipment to include: N95 masks, Face shields, Surgical masks, Surgical disposable gowns, and Surgical gloves.
- Our Office has strict requirements for sterilization of our instruments and equipment as well as disinfection of all patient areas. Disinfection of all areas will occur between every patient.
We look forward to seeing you again soon and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Schedule a Consultation